This is awesome. And hard. I’ma answer this as if it’s “five bands currently together” to limit some choices.
1. Brand New (duh). “Limousine” because it has lots of awesome ups and downs. Also, it’s fucking amazing.
2. Tegan and Sara. “Burn Your Life Down”. I can already see that this is going to be a really depressing show.
3. Taking Back Sunday. “There’s No ‘I’ In Team” is pretty typical, but it’s my favorite song of theirs, especially for a show.
4. I Can Make a Mess Like Nobody’s Business. Assuming I couldn’t convince him to play any Early November songs, I’d go with “You’re Not So Good At Talking Anymore”. I have to see Ace Enders, and I know he gets way into this song live.
5. The Republic of Wolves. “Spill” will probably always be my favorite thing they’ve done. I just want to see them live pretty badly.